How Will I Be Qualified?
This half-day (1/2) workshop is for any individual wanting to obtain their NZTA Level 1 Kerbside Collection Traffic Leader (KCTL) qualification. This half-day course introduces Kerbside collectors to the road environment and the traffic management needs and considerations surrounding their operation. Any driver or team leader undertaking Kerbside collection must hold the Kerbside Collection Traffic Leader (KCTL).
This workshop covers the standards and operating procedures required by the NZTA Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM), Edition 4 (Feb 2017) and subsequent additions and amendments. The workshop also covers Traffic Management Plan (TMP) preparation and design/site safety auditing.
Who should attend this course:
- Candidates that wishes to obtain this qualification for the first time.
- Any applicant who has held this qualification in the past and it is about to expire or has expired for more than 12-months should also complete this course to refresh the candidates qualification to a current status.
All course fees are payable on receipt of invoice (at least 48 hours prior to course date) to secure applicant spot, unless otherwise approved. Use invoice number as reference when making payment online/phone banking.
- Arrive at 7:50am for an 8am sharp start. (morning session) or
- Arrive at 12:15pm for a 12:30pm sharp start (afternoon session).
- Course ends 3- 4 hours after start time.
Cost @ $190.00 + GST = $218.50 (incl GST) includes,
- Course attendance fee @ $150.00 + GST
- NZTA Registration fee @ $40.00 + GST
- Tea and Coffee on arrival and tea break
- No Lunch will be provided
- Parking available off street
- On successful completion of course each applicant will receive a personalised TMA certificate and photo temporary wallet ID card, as proof of qualification. This can be used as proof of qualification until the official NZTA wallet id card and certificate arrives.
Cancellation / No Show Terms and Condition:
Once your booking has been confirmed, and anything changes, and you cannot attend the course date for any reason, we need to receive a cancellation/replacement notification in writing, 48 hours prior to the course date. or a full charge will apply as per our terms and conditions. Exchanges are dependent on the replacement student meeting the required qualification prerequisites.
What Will I Learn?
Topics Covered includes:
- Health and safety principles
- Principles of temporary traffic management
- Component parts and layout of a worksite
- Setting up and worksite rules
- Authorised sign use
- Pedestrians and cyclists
- Mobile and semi static maintenance/inspection operations
- Night time protection
Following successful completion of this workshop, a student will obtain their Level 1 KCTL qualification for 3 years (from the date of the course).
This qualification allows the holder to
- Assist the STMS in the setting up of the Kerbside collection operation in accordance with approved Traffic Management Plans.
- Develop a consistent approach to traffic control.
- Analyse Traffic Management Plans in relation to various roading situations. Brief other Kerbside collection team members on the correct safe operation of a mobile Kerbside collection operation.
How Will I Learn?
Each candidate will be provided with a printed Kerbside Collection Traffic Leader (KCTL) booklet covering all course content to follow through out the course.
What Should I Bring?
- Bring reading spectacles if required.
- Casual dress code
- A photo of each attendee will be taken at the start of course date to be used for the NZTA ID Card
If anything changes and you cannot attend the course date for any reason, we need to receive
cancellation/replacement notice 48 hours prior to the course date.
Otherwise, a full charge will apply as per our terms and conditions. Exchanges are dependent on the
replacement student meeting the required qualification prerequisites.
What Our Customers Say
When these trainers say they'll get something done, they mean it. Expect outstanding results from the fine people at Traffic Management Academy.
Traffic Management Academy is living proof that ignorance is bliss. Without the support of this wonderful company, my employees would be nowhere.
I never thought I could pass my TC assessment until I met Marius and Andre. Thanks so much for all of your help - keep up the good work!
These guys don't just run you through the system. They make sure you learn what you have to know, and that you're confident about it.